Jon#26jb

I'm New Here
Please be aware of scam when dealing with Matt Dailey or Harry Sills. My friend purchased & sent $$ thru PayPal for API TAILWHEEL. after a week Matt replied, " you didn't buy nothing from me " listen learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should do some kind of feedback system. For me buy and sell sometimes is difficult because i am not from US but sometimes I go to us. However some people always suspect. I already dealed with so much people here some in a face by face ambient. A feedback system would be advantageous for all of us. If you used credit card on the paypal payment request a charge back. Sorry to hear one more scam.

Filipe

Hi Jon,
Were these two gentlemen selling the tailwheel(s) using accounts on this website, and if so what were the user account names? Did you FaceTime or Zoom with these individuals as recommended in the sticky at the top of the classified section? If thiers were accounts here I can lock them down.

Thread 'Minimize Scam Risk: FaceTime and/or Zoom EVERY Classified Transaction'
https://vansairforce.net/threads/mi...-or-zoom-every-classified-transaction.225787/

Last edited:
We should do some kind of feedback system. For me buy and sell sometimes is difficult because i am not from US but sometimes I go to us. However some people always suspect. I already dealed with so much people here some in a face by face ambient. A feedback system would be advantageous for all of us. If you used credit card on the paypal payment request a charge back. Sorry to hear one more scam.

Filipe
My buddy used PayPal but, being New to P.P. the only option available was friends and family. Face to Face is great, but online is the new way to find/get needed parts. Thank you Sir

D.R.
I replied to 1st post/ad about single fork w/rod . Paul from Ca.
Then next thing Matt D. Was emailing me offering api $300. Not able to produce UserName. What alerted me was He had Cancer & was in Hospital. They offered A20 & Zulu 3 headsets

[ed. What is the URL to the ad? Thanks for the clarification that they emailed you. dr]

D.R.
I replied to 1st post/ad about single fork w/rod . Paul from Ca.
Then next thing Matt D. Was emailing me offering api $300. Not able to produce UserName. What alerted me was He had Cancer & was in Hospital. They offered A20 & Zulu 3 headsets

[ed. What is the URL to the ad? Thanks for the clarification that they emailed you. dr]
I think I know what is happening here as it happened to me this week as well.

I replied to an ad saying I'd like to purchase one of the items listed. I ended up calling that user on the phone and then paid for and eventually received the item. However, a couple hours after I posted that I was interested in an item on the thread I got a direct message from another random user (maddoghorns) asking about my purchase and offering other random products (an A20 and Zulu 3 as Jon#26jb mentioned.) I ignored the user at that point as it looked like a scam to me but I can see if I had missed buying the item I wanted and the user had offered a relevant product I might have explored it further. My guess is Jon#26jb's friend (if a legit user) got a similar direct message and paid the user for the item they said claimed to have for sale.

[ed: thank you for that detailed report. I have locked down the maddoghorns account. It appears to be a sleeper account that was created years ago. I can’t emphasize this enough, everybody, only do business with people regarding classifieds over FaceTime or zoom. You need to see a face and the person holding the item. This reduces the scam risk to almost 0. dr]

Screenshot of the message that looked like a scam to me:
1712980536748.png