supik

Well Known Member
After the last power-on I've noticed a message on the PFD:

'PDF config module missing'

Currently installed software on my G3X Touch is: 9.31

I know it's installed and has been working without any issues until now.

A restart didn't help..

20240508_210337.jpg

The obvious first step would be to disassemble the backshell from the DSUB connector on that 460. Check the pins and wires running to the config module. Its a fussy little thing, so I could imagine its easy to weaken a wire getting it installed properly.

The obvious first step would be to disassemble the backshell from the DSUB connector on that 460. Check the pins and wires running to the config module. Its a fussy little thing, so I could imagine its easy to weaken a wire getting it installed properly.
The config module contains a electrical programmable circuit EEPROM. The power (3,3V) to the config module comes from the PFD.
The GDU 37X/4XX products contain a lithium battery. The EEPROM does´t loose it´s memory if power is lost.
But I would check that there is 3,3 V on the power supply pin to the config module. GDU46X, P4602 pin 17.

Good luck

I’d check the simple stuff first — is the big D-sub connector seated correctly/side screws tight? Open it up and see if the pins on the config module are inserted fully and haven't pushed out.

I have ran into this exact issue before. This error only happens if garmin cannot read the card. If it can read it and the config is jacked it will still boot. You would have some weird config problems in that situation. It won't display the config module missing message. As George mentioned, the config module is most likely not plugged in correctly or the main connector that has a very small cable is not seated properly. Bouncing around could tweak the small cable and pop it out of its seat. Try everything you can first. Rebooting, software update if it will let you apply one, etc. If nothing else works dive in. It is easy to take the housing apart. The hard part is getting to it. Just be careful with the screws. They are tiny. Easy to drop one behind the panel.