What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel size impacts

Acenels

Pun not intended…

My RV has 11-4.00-5 tires on the mains. The Sam James wheel pants are the 11-4-5 sized wheel pants, so moving up to larger wheels would be a bit of a production. I’m thinking about going to Berringer wheels and keeping the wheel size the same, but thinking the rubles will be a little better as it relates to flats tires.

Of note, with the smaller wheels my 6a sits a little lower in the tail, and doesn’t have a step. I like the smaller wheels overall and was curious if anyone else has the smaller wheels and had upgraded to the berringers (wheels and brakes), or if there was a compelling reason this wouldn’t be worth it?

My RV-4 had smaller tires and wheel pants at one time but they were on 5" Cleveland wheels. I suspect yours are the same. He called 'em Lamb tires. I'm running the same wheels and brakes with Monster retreads without wheel pants. The Berringer wheels and brakes are really sharp but that is thousands of dollars for no improvement in performance.

Back