What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What to use for a new front tire?

Assuming a 12i is the same as a 12ULS, I put one of these on a couple hundred hours ago after I found a gouge in the sidewall of the nose tire that was on it...

AIR HAWK 500X5 4PLY TIRE

It's round and rolls nicely! Definitely balance whatever you put on the front end.

I don’t remember ever replacing the nose gear tire on either of the company demonstrators so they must not have required replacement very often.
Because of that, pretty much any tire should provide a long service life as long as landings are being done properly.

I don’t remember ever replacing the nose gear tire on either of the company demonstrators so they must not have required replacement very often.
Because of that, pretty much any tire should provide a long service life as long as landings are being done properly.
We replaced the nose tire last spring on our RV-12 completed in 2011. There was plenty of tread left, but it had developed radial cracks in the tread due to age.

Back