What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What model Tru-Trak is this ?

Tim 8-A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
A few questions and Need help identifying which model… Vizion, or Digiflight II or is it an Advanced model number?
Looks like I’m having gyro issues, is there a way to reset the Gyro?
Anyone have a unit they removed and want to sell?
What are my options for replacement? I know of the Bendixking Xcruise100, is that the best route if I have to replace it?
TIA IMG_2985.png

Call Rob at Advanced ------ methinks it is likely this was a TruTrak manufactured unit but with Advanced speced software.

It’s a TruTrak Digiflight II running a slightly modified firmware to make integration with the AFS 4500s easier. It’s basically an older version of the Bendix/King Aero Cruze. I believe it’s still in all the AFS manuals. It’s called the AFS Pilot. I had one in my RV-10 ten years ago when it first flew. Five years ago, I upgraded it to a Trutrak Vizion. Last year, I made the switch to Dynon servos when I installed AFS 6600s.

if you have aFS 5000 or 6600 screens, I would upgrade to the Dynon servos.

It’s a TruTrak Digiflight II running a slightly modified firmware to make integration with the AFS 4500s easier. It’s basically an older version of the Bendix/King Aero Cruze. I believe it’s still in all the AFS manuals. It’s called the AFS Pilot. I had one in my RV-10 ten years ago when it first flew. Five years ago, I upgraded it to a Trutrak Vizion. Last year, I made the switch to Dynon servos when I installed AFS 6600s.

if you have aFS 5000 or 6600 screens, I would upgrade to the Dynon servos.
Yes I have the 5600 screens, when you installed the Dynon Autopilot did you need new cabling for the servos or were you able to use the existing?

The new servos are on the SV network so you have to run 2 twisted pairs to each servo. Power and ground to the servos can remain the same.

Looks like I’m having gyro issues, is there a way to reset the Gyro?

TIA

Here is the gyro set procedure:
-Power up the autopilot and remain stationary
-When the AP display shows AP OFF press and hold the knob
-Afer about 10 seconds the autopilot display will show " GYRO SET"
-Contnue holding the knob for approximately 45 seconds longer
-Afer "GYRO SET" has been shown for approximately 45 seconds release the knob

update more info: first flight I exercised the auto pilot in turbulence, Shot an approach with the teardrop procedure turn. Autopilot did fine until the way back to Homefield that’s when it started having the issues. Loosening its course going into a steep turn, well beyond a standard rate turn. Did it 3-4 times. I flew again this morning no turbulence and just direct to way points. Used the Autopilot through the EFIS and stand-alone and it never lost its mind. I guess the AP lives to see another day and gives me time to better understand, next time it fails I’ll try cycling power to the AP.

Back