What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Power VP-X J12 Molex connector part ID

Looking to source the VPX connector from Mouser since i can get free shipping, Stein and Co aren't very economical for small international orders.

The MX150L connector finder on the Molex website gives me 4 options so i need some help.

4 possible J12 connectors

One difference being with or without "CPA" locking mechanism. Always makes sense on a plane to secure things in place but do they work with the connectors on the VP-X?

The other difference is 14-16 AWG vs 18-22 AWG. What do you pick if you have 14,18 and 20 sized wires on the same connector?

I bought part # 0194180037 from Digi-Key, and it fitted the VP-X I have. I also got the pins in two sizes, the 14-16AWG Part # 0194200001 and 18-22 Part # 0194200002. These both fit the housings, just need to match the wires.

okay so the difference between the wire gauges is the size of the gasket in the back. You can safely opt for the bigger size in a plane environment, probably easier to deal with.

JdYsxaD.jpeg

Back