What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tri-Gear Leg Weldment and Wing Fit-up

TX7A

Well Known Member
I am near the point of installing my wings for the first time. Some posts on another forum suggest leaving the gear leg weldment out during initial wing fitup. Also, some suggest that a loose weldment aids in manipulating tubing runs. Any suggestions on how to proceede?

Thanks,
Sam
7A@ABI

Wing Fitting

If I were doing it again, I would leave the gear weldments out until I got the wings mated. It is almost impossible to get a drift on the bottom temporary bold for removal. I was surfing Dan Checkoway's site today. It appears he had fuel lines run before gear weldment inst. Don't know if that would work on an "A", but it would make life simpler if so.

Derrell

No reason you can't do it that way. The holes in the center section should (better) remain in the same spot. I had mine in when I did it, but if you think the fit might be tight, leave out the gear weldments. Use the 4 1/4" bolt holes for your wing incidence setting and get some cheap hardware store bolts and grind points on the ends. You do not need to tighten these bolts when you set the wing. Just get them in the holes and line everything up.

Roberta

Back