What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Step ...

HFS

Well Known Member
I know this almost sounds like heresy, but I'm almost 75, and it's a long step from the ground to the wing walk. Anyone out there contemplated/installed a step as an assist.

Thanks in advance ...

HFS
HRII S/N002

I know this almost sounds like heresy, but I'm almost 75, and it's a long step from the ground to the wing walk. Anyone out there contemplated/installed a step as an assist.

Thanks in advance ...

HFS
HRII S/N002

I don't have a Rocket but I installed a step on my 7 passenger side for my vertically challenged wife. I shortened it 3" to split the ground to wing walk height difference. On my 8 I have installed an 8A step. I don't consider it heresy but practicality.

I don't have a Rocket but I installed a step on my 7 passenger side for my vertically challenged wife. I shortened it 3" to split the ground to wing walk height difference. On my 8 I have installed an 8A step. I don't consider it heresy but practicality.
Do you have any Van's P/N's I might use as a starting point?

Thx - HFS

I think the best thing would be to talk to this man who makes, or at least used to, the steps. Russ McCutcheon 360-334-0688 The 6/7A steps are quite different from the 8A and I am not sure which would be best for a Rocket.

I think the best thing would be to talk to this man who makes, or at least used to, the steps. Russ McCutcheon 360-334-0688 The 6/7A steps are quite different from the 8A and I am not sure which would be best for a Rocket.
Thank you - I hadn't thought of Russ ...

I, too am thinking of a step.
The real question is: has anyone put one on a -4?
I hope there are some specifics forthcoming.
$640 for a Cessna step! Gaaack!

Back