What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

skyview not transfering frequencies to buttons on dynon com panel

cxb003

I'm New Here
I have the 10" dynon skyview and a Skyview com panel? Once I have selected the nearest airport on the skyview, how do I transfer the frequencies to the skyview com panel. The buttons (TWR, ATIS, GND ATC) are not populating any frequencies. Is something missing or not wired up correcting to communication between the units.

Once the airport is chosen on the SV, there should be a APT->COM option on the SV at the bottom of the NEAREST screen to load the airport into the COM Panel. Press the APT->COM button. Once an airport is loaded, single presses of the TWR, ATIS, GND, and ATC buttons on the COM radio panel will automatically tune those frequencies (to the standby location) for that airport.

See pages 11-7 through 11-12, "Loading Airports to the SkyView Com Radio" of the "SkyView Classic / Touch Pilot’s User Guide – Revision AH" for details and screenshots.

I assume airport/ATC frequencies are showing on the top bar of the SV (since you didn't say they weren't), so the Com radio must be showing on the Network Setup screen, and most people configure them to show on the top bar. If not:

"Network Setup

As with all other SkyView Network devices, the SV-COM-760, -T25/T8 must be configured into the SkyView Network:
• Go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE > (right click) > DETECT (button).
• The SV-COM-760, -T25/T8 will be listed as SV-COM-PANEL.
• FINISH (button) > EXIT (button)"​

and:

"Displayed COM (Top Bar)

The status of one COM radio can be displayed on the top bar. The radio that is selected here is also the radio that you can send airports and frequencies to via SkyView’s Map Menu APT>COM and TUNE COM buttons. See the SkyView Pilot’s User Guide for additional details.
• Go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > DISPLAYED COM and select which COM radio status to display on the Top Bar (or NONE). (To display status of a non-Dynon Avionics radio, a serial port connection must be installed FROM the radio TO the SkyView display(s)".​

Last edited:
"As with all other SkyView Network devices, the SV-COM-760, -T25/T8 must be configured into the SkyView Network:
• Go to SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE > (right click) > DETECT (button).
• The SV-COM-760, -T25/T8 will be listed as SV-COM-PANEL.
• FINISH (button) > EXIT (button)"

The instructions above fixed my problem. Thanks

Back