What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 42MiS/U-03 update - HIC strain relief

rv12is

Heads up to anyone who has recently received their avionics kit. 42MiS/U-03 has been updated on 2/1/2022 to include installation of the F-12334 strain relief bracket. This is likely related to SB-00041.

I received my avionics while I was at KOSH. While the bracket F-12334 was included, there was no mention of it in my printed instructions. Checking Van's website, they don't have any changes listed to section 42 since 4/22/21. This is definitely not the case.

Hopefully I'm just unlucky and everyone else received updated instructions. But this is your warning to check before you get your instrument panel closed up.

Apparently they are working on a more permanent fix in this area.. which I think will involve a new HIC module with a different class of connector on it.

Probably why they didn't bother updating the drawings for this yet. Support/factory could probably say for sure though.

They did release updated instructions, but didn't indicate this on their "Service Information and Revisions" page. So unless someone downloads that section and does a manual comparison, I'm not sure how they are supposed to know the updated instructions exist.:confused: Well, other than some nice person bringing it to their attention in a forum.:D

Even though I had checked Van's website for updated instructions, if I hadn't stumbled across this while looking into another problem... I would have finished up the avionics kit before I wondered what the left over parts were for.

Back