What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 Kit Orders

Scotsman

I'm New Here
Friend
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Just coming to the end of the fuselage build on the 8 and need to order the other kit elements. Without wanting to get into any debates over Chapter 11 I was wondering if anyone building an 8 had placed a new kit order post the restructure and if so any information on delivery timeframes? Really appreciate any info that anyone has.

Cheers

James

I accepted the new order terms on December 18th, and my fuse is now paid for and should, in theory, ship in the next five weeks or so. I think they're trying to ensure that kits are complete and shipped without backorder parts. I remember for _new orders_ before Chapter 11, they estimated February for fuselage orders, so most of the parts must have been in stock already. Fingers crossed for you!

I accepted the new order terms on December 18th, and my fuse is now paid for and should, in theory, ship in the next five weeks or so. I think they're trying to ensure that kits are complete and shipped without backorder parts. I remember for _new orders_ before Chapter 11, they estimated February for fuselage orders, so most of the parts must have been in stock already. Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks buddy really appreciate it

I had canopy frame and engine mount ordered(original 01/25 eta) back in 9/23. I just received email saying order is in stock and if my address/payment info is correct for shipment. I had ordered HS S/B kits last week and they're in route(old 2012 kit and so I’m just installing fix).
Good news as vans is still getting items from vendors.

I had canopy frame and engine mount ordered(original 01/25 eta) back in 9/23. I just received email saying order is in stock and if my address/payment info is correct for shipment. I had ordered HS S/B kits last week and they're in route(old 2012 kit and so I’m just installing fix).
Good news as vans is still getting items from vendors.
that's really good news mate as I also have the finishing kit on order. I get the feeling that Vans will pull through this but every post about someone getting or having shipped their relatively recently ordered kit gives me a bit more hope! Thanks buddy

Back