What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Skyrunner on tour

A Sensor ??

Wie Gehts Herman, At 14 minutes, 6 seconds, in Fairbanks, what is that square gizmo you seem to be trailing over your right wing? Is it some sort of sensor??

Wie Gehts Herman, At 14 minutes, 6 seconds, in Fairbanks, what is that square gizmo you seem to be trailing over your right wing? Is it some sort of sensor??

Hi thanks - geht mir gut.
They never really told me what it is. It is sure some sort of a sensor, perhaps really a radiation detector?!

I like it when the weather's **** around here... gives Hermann time and motivation for the publishing of his superb vids :D

spectacular………again!

Title says it all!

Best thing to watch during a cold, windy and rainy november morning….

Waiting for part 4 ……

See you around, Hermann!

I like it when the weather's **** around here... gives Hermann time and motivation for the publishing of his superb vids :D

It takes a long stretch of bad weather and many night shifts to complete these videos. So as the nights are becoming longer and the weather not better there is a good chance No 4 will be online this year!

Wow!

Pretty epic Herman. What an incredible adventure. How long was the flight from Goose to Narsaruaq? How much fuel did you have onboard for that crossing?

Don

Pretty epic Herman. What an incredible adventure. How long was the flight from Goose to Narsaruaq? How much fuel did you have onboard for that crossing?

Don

That leg was at the edge of my range considering the best alternate in Greenland which was Kangerlussuaq BGSF and of course headwind on this day flying eastbound. This was another 378 NM from point to point. Total flight time was 05:05 but includes 10 minutes sightseeing prior landing as you could see in the video. I had 57 USG on board and when I landed still had 21 USG remaining.

Last edited:
wow, just wow!

awesome work, Hermann!!!

looking forward to flying with you again in 2024 :) Niiice camera work and great editing! Must have taken hours...

How many SD-Cards did you take along ;-) ?

cu

wow, just wow!

awesome work, Hermann!!!

looking forward to flying with you again in 2024 :) Niiice camera work and great editing! Must have taken hours...

How many SD-Cards did you take along ;-) ?

cu

Actually not so many! I used 128 and 256 GB cards and ended up with just over 1 TB of footage and some remaining empty SD cards - will use them next time!

Hey Hermann, you keep using all of my parking spots, no way :p

Nicely done, looking forward to the next one...

What a great adventure!
Looking to do part of it, if only the insurance was affordable. I have yet to find insurance coverage for Greenland/Iceland.

Back