What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacing a Switch

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
I need to replace a boost pump switch as it is malfunctioning. The pump continues to run even when switched off. I have a fairly standard set up with a row of 7 or 8 toggle switches on the lower left side of the panel. The boost pump is the fourth switch in from the left. Is it possible to remove just the bad switch, or should I prepare to remove the whole row of switches? I had the panel done by a shop including the switches, so I'm not entirely familiar with the installation. It looks like the row of switches are all connected to a bus, so I will probably need to remove the whole thing to get that one switch out.

Buss

I need to replace a boost pump switch as it is malfunctioning. The pump continues to run even when switched off. I have a fairly standard set up with a row of 7 or 8 toggle switches on the lower left side of the panel. The boost pump is the fourth switch in from the left. Is it possible to remove just the bad switch, or should I prepare to remove the whole row of switches? I had the panel done by a shop including the switches, so I'm not entirely familiar with the installation. It looks like the row of switches are all connected to a bus, so I will probably need to remove the whole thing to get that one switch out.

If it's a copper bar, remove it and one switch can be removed.

Sometimes it is easier to remove the nuts on the front that hold the whole set of switches in. Then you can push the assembly back and hopefully down where you can more easily work on it.

Just did this on a row of breakers in order to change the amp rating of one.

Back