What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pics of O-360 Fuel Primer(Lower) Install

mantry

Well Known Member
We are getting ready to finish the Primer system on our RV-7 O-360 and have the kit from TS FLIGHTLINES (Fittings, clamps, hoses, nozzles, etc) but I would really like to see someone else's installation with pictures. ie: How the hoses were run, how they were secured, etc. We have the solenoid mounted on the outboard side of the gascolator and will run from there to the bottom of the cylinders. Using "T"'s to branch off for each individual line. Cly 3 has the MAP line so will be priming using 1, 2, and 4.

Thanks in advance...
Hopefully I'll get some links to some build logs (not sure how to run down those for looking for pics and descriptions).

Mark

Well, my steed is of 2005 vintage, and sure doesn't sport what must be beautiful TS Flightlines hoses ;)
It only feeds cylinders 4 & 3, and I only use it after a longer period of non-use, or in very cold weather, as pumping the throttle twice on the carb engine is usually all it needs for a 2 blade out of 3 start.

Still hopes it gives you some idea about the install.

Attachments

• IMG_6371.JPG
    IMG_6371.JPG
    562.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7186.JPG
    IMG_7186.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7187.JPG
    IMG_7187.JPG
    589.5 KB · Views: 92
No photos

I do not have any photos of my installation. Here is what I did. The solenoid is on the firewall just left of the gascolator. The firesleeved fuel line runs up the back of the engine to the metal baffling and through a 90* connector.

On the inside of the baffling, on the centerline of the engine, a TSFlightlines fabricated stainless steel line runs from the connector to a T fitting which connects to two stainless steel lines.
Those run to the number 1 and 2 engine ports. If you glance at it, it looks like fuel injection. The stainless steel lines are supported every few inches.

I changed my fuel pump switch to a OFF-ON- MOM ON style switch. For start I turn on the fuel pump and let the pressure build. Then hit the start and push the switch to the MOM-ON position. The length of time I hold it in that position is dependent on outside temperature and how long the airplane has been sitting.

Last edited:
Back