What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh Lost and Found

Andy612

Finally, I was able to tick one off my bucket list and after many years wanting to, I made it to Oshkosh! It is a long haul from my home in the Yukon Territory to OSH and return. I covered over 5,500 miles in my RV6 C-GYMW. (route is in attached image)

I arrived Monday 24th, departed Friday 28th. Had a blast! But unfortunately, because it was still a bit wet from Thursday night's rain, I left my RV-6's canopy cover hanging on the fence behind where we were parked at the threshold of 23 in General Aviation Parking (images below--my RV is the green one, but my canopy is a lot like the one beside it)) and I took off home without it. Was in Laurel, Montana before I realized my mistake! Called EAA lost and found and the guy there said there was a good chance they would find it, but I never heard back. I was focused on getting home through all the British Colombia forest fire smoke on the weekend after. When I called back on Monday there was no answer at EAA lost and found, left quite a few messages over the past couple weeks but can't seem to reach anyone. Their number now says it is disconnected.

My canopy cover was made by Bruce's Custom Covers, but before I order a replacement, does anyone know if there is still a way to contact EAA lost and found, after the show? I would gladly cover the shipping and compensate/reward someone for the trouble of packing it up.

Attachments

• Whitehorse to Oshkosh to Whitehorse.jpg
    Whitehorse to Oshkosh to Whitehorse.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Lost Canopy Cover Location.jpg
    Lost Canopy Cover Location.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 123
  • C-GYMW at Oshkosh.jpg
    C-GYMW at Oshkosh.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Andy,

I would call the numbers below, the EAA should be able to put you in contact with the proper people in lost and found.

The area where the cover was lost is near to the Basler FBO, they may know about the lost cover.

If you can locate it, I will drive down and retrieve it and make arrangements with you to ship it back.

EAA Headquarters
EAA Aviation Center
3000 Poberezny Rd
Oshkosh, WI
Telephone
920-426-4800
800-564-6322
Museum
920-426-4818

Basler Flight Service
Address: 525 W 20th Ave
Oshkosh, WI 54902
United States of America
Telephone: 920-236-7827
Fax: 920-236-7833
Email: [email protected]
Web site: www.baslerflightservice.com

Hoping you're able to track your cover down.

God I love the VAF community! So many times I see people helping people. If the rest of the world were like this, things would change for the better overnight! May God bless all!

Just to close out the loop on this after 8 weeks or so--I called everyone I could think of and no one has seen it.

Thank you all for the generous offers help me out here, especially Don!

I will order a new one from Bruce before my next trip to Oshkosh 2024 and will be a lot more careful with the new one!

Back