What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Forum header problem

gnuse

Well Known Member
It seems that depending on the width of the display you are using, some of the menu items become hidden. I was wondering if this could be changed so some of the subtle arrows were not needed, I.e. the "LINKS" button gets hidden with narrower screen. Possibly the arrangement could change?

It seems that depending on the width of the display you are using, some of the menu items become hidden. I was wondering if this could be changed so some of the subtle arrows were not needed, I.e. the "LINKS" button gets hidden with narrower screen. Possibly the arrangement could change?
What browser, operating system, computer, are you using? I've tried it on Firefox and Safari on my Mac Air M1, and on Edge in Win11 in Parallels on the same laptop, and don't see that issue.

What browser, operating system, computer, are you using? I've tried it on Firefox and Safari on my Mac Air M1, and on Edge in Win11 in Parallels on the same laptop, and don't see that issue.
I think it depends on the resolution, font size and scaling the user has set up on their system. If you narrow the width of your browser window you will see links get cut off like George mentioned. I think the best fix here is to have the menu items move to the next line if their container becomes too narrow. This can be done with CSS flexboxes and in other ways.

The ease of adding an image was too tempting to not try it out. Here you can see what I see, "Link" is almost out of sight.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 8.54.29 PM.jpg

Just click on the > arrow to move the menu to the right.
I know,,,,,, just learning where all of the new opportunities are with subtle arrows. We will all get there I am sure. It was meant as a question and data point. ;)

The ease of adding an image was too tempting to not try it out. Here you can see what I see, "Link" is almost out of sight.

I don't know what platform you're using but with most PC browsers, holding the "CTRL" key while simultaneously hitting the "+" or "-" key will change the display scaling.

Apologies if I'm telling you something you're already aware of.

I don't know what platform you're using but with most PC browsers, holding the "CTRL" key while simultaneously hitting the "+" or "-" key will change the display scaling.

Apologies if I'm telling you something you're already aware of.
I use Safari, and thank you for that answer. Using the COMMAND and - & + absolutely scaled the screen so the LINKS button is no longer hidden.

Back