What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need RV-10-Experienced Mechanic in Florida

AmontgoRV

Hi all! My RV-10 is coming up for annual condition inspection in March and I'm trying to find a good FL-based mechanic that knows these -10s well. I am not the builder and this is my first annual with this plane, so I'm looking for something very thorough and comprehensive. Planning to do it owner-assisted.
Aircraft is based in Tampa, FL. Anyone have any good recommendations for RV-10-experienced mechanics close by? Jesse Saint isn't doing annuals anymore, so that option is out.

Attachments

• RV-10.jpg
    RV-10.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
If the original builder, who probably isn't close to you or is not available and he probably has the Repairman's Cert, then you will still need an A&P to sign it off. You can get it ready and save some $$$. Your welcome to come up to BKV just N of Tampa. I can go through what you can do as an Owner (everything, but sign off, if you do not have the Repairman's cert) . There is a great checklist for these RVs for condition inspection. You take all the covers off, wheel pants, etc and expose it for the inspection. My RV 10 has a similar green paint scheme. PM me if you want to come up and check us out. The original builder of my RV 10 is around and we can all have a discussion at either my hangar or the EAA Chapter 1298 hangar at BKV.

Hi all! My RV-10 is coming up for annual condition inspection in March and I'm trying to find a good FL-based mechanic that knows these -10s well. I am not the builder and this is my first annual with this plane, so I'm looking for something very thorough and comprehensive. Planning to do it owner-assisted.
Aircraft is based in Tampa, FL. Anyone have any good recommendations for RV-10-experienced mechanics close by? Jesse Saint isn't doing annuals anymore, so that option is out.
There's a very good A&P at X05. Craig Sanders 727-810-0847. He's just a few hangars from me. He's pretty busy.

A couple of years ago, someone who lives in California was buying an RV in the Clearwater/St. Pete area and posted a request for recommendations for a pre-buy mechanic.

There were a few replies recommending an A&P at PIE (I think) who was very experienced with RV's. I've searched and can't find that post. It might have been in the Classifieds and was purged.

Does this ring a bell to anyone in the know?

It's not terribly far to take it up to Base Leg Aviation in Georgia. Vic Syracuse's shop - they know RV's as well as anyone.

Back