What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for some help riveting

j4cbo

It's gotten cold out and so I've ordered a winterization kit for my RV-12. I'm not the original builder - I'm familiar with basic hand tools and confident that I can install it myself once it's assembled, but putting the kit together requires a little bit of double-flush riveting, which is definitely out of my comfort zone. Plus I don't have a rivet gun.

Would anyone in the general New England area be willing to help me put this together, at your shop or hangar? I'm based at KBVY but can fly wherever.

I'm definitely on a slippery slope towards building my own RV someday...

It's gotten cold out and so I've ordered a winterization kit for my RV-12. I'm not the original builder - I'm familiar with basic hand tools and confident that I can install it myself once it's assembled, but putting the kit together requires a little bit of double-flush riveting, which is definitely out of my comfort zone. Plus I don't have a rivet gun.

Would anyone in the general New England area be willing to help me put this together, at your shop or hangar? I'm based at KBVY but can fly wherever.

I'm definitely on a slippery slope towards building my own RV someday...

With a name like "drill and buck" you definitely hit the lottery on the best person to help you with your specific problem !!

Back