What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for oil tube gasket part number

RVFan671

Well Known Member
So my plastic oil fill tube is broken and I need to buy a new one. The part from my tube is lycoming 75767 and I found it on ACS. Now, I'm not sure if there is a gasket where it threads to the engine since I'm not at the plane, but I assume it needs one. Can someone inform me what that part number is for the lower gasket? Also, what is the number for the one needed for the oil dip stick to the oil fill tube?

So my plastic oil fill tube is broken and I need to buy a new one. The part from my tube is lycoming 75767 and I found it on ACS. Now, I'm not sure if there is a gasket where it threads to the engine since I'm not at the plane, but I assume it needs one. Can someone inform me what that part number is for the lower gasket? Also, what is the number for the one needed for the oil dip stick to the oil fill tube?
72059 is the gasket for the oil level tube to the case. Lycoming has great illustrated parts catalogs that you can download.

Perfect. Is it the same gasket up top between dip stick and oil tube as it is the oil tube to the case? So just order 2 (I'll get the suggested silicone ones)?

IF you haven't already bought the Lycoming tube, look at the Superior tube, it is machined aluminum.
With the R.E.A.L. gasket, it will be tight and dry for years to come.
p/n SL75767
matching dipstick p/n SL14780

Last edited:
IF you haven't already bought the Lycoming tube, look at the Superior tube, it is machined aluminum.
With the R.E.A.L. gasket, it will be tight and dry for years to come.
Any part number or link to the product? I've not purchased yet. The current one in the cart says 10.5 inches long. This is for my O-360 A1A in my RV-4.

So I bought superior 75767 (great suggestion on the aluminum one) which is just over 10 inches flange to flange. This is same PN as my original lycoming part. However, turns out my old one was cut and sleved to shorten it slightly so it would fit under the oil lid door. Found out when I installed my new one.

So now I'm wondering what other sizes and part number exist that are shorter. The problem with my setup is I have my tube basically touching the existing tube (had to grind down existing tube to get it fitting comfortably). So I need something around slightly shorter (no less then 1.75 inches shorter) or way shorter (4 inches or so). If I go real short, it'll be a pain to get to, but possible.

I've seen some extension tubes and real short ones but if anyone knows part numbers and lengths that would be very helpful.

For those with rv-4 and o-360, how long is your oil fill tube? I'm on short gear and plane finished in 1991 for an idea of what engine mount I've got.

Back