What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed Plasma III New Install- LOVE THEM!

Jetj01

Well Known Member
Hello VAF!

Have two weeks and 5 hours now on my Lightspeed Plasma III dual ignition install and in a word- SMOOOOOOOOOOTH! My install is on an Lycoming AEIO-540 that had the single drive dual magneto system and with 24v electrical system. The communication from Klaus was excellent and the product received for install was meticulously assembled and sent on time. I installed the dual Plasma III's exactly per the factory manual and actually only had a couple follow up questions for Klaus. I also ordered the mag hole cover from SDS and Ross, like usual was/is awesome to deal with. I love the SDS system but needed 24v which Lightspeed has ready for delivery. My first start was exhilarating as the 540 came to life and immediately rewarded me with the smoothest idle I had felt in a 540. I ordered the LCD display to monitor the advance in the ignition and the difference between mags set at 20 BTDC and a variable timing ignition is amazing. And so far in 12 flights the system has worked flawlessly. I installed the TCW Technology back up 24v battery system with their wiring harness and would also recommend it!

Klaus at Lightspeed continues to provide a service and an excellent product to us 'experimental' types. I for one am grateful for guys like Klaus who are MUCH smarter than me and work to make my airplane BETTER. Love my Plasma III's.

FYI, have dual PMags in my 180 HP Lycoming RV-4 now for four years. Also FLAWLESS so far and combined with my EI Commander.....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Both Brad and Bill have been EXCELLENT to work with too.

Tailwinds!

Back