What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jettison Handle Spring?

pilot28906

Well Known Member
Installed the jettison handle and spring today. I believe when pulling the handle the spring fully compresses before the pins are fully out of the holes. It seems the mechanism would move more, fully removing the pins if the spring didn't fully compress against the back of the instrument panel.

Has anyone cut some length off the spring to let the mechanism rotate a little more moving the pins out of the way of the canopy hinges?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

I would cut it to function properly or you may also be able to adjust the contact position with a cotter pin. it will not do you any good if it can't release.

edit: this morning I was able to remember that I had to move my cotter pin to make it function properly. I'll see if I can get a photo today.

Last edited:
finally, here's mine. it's a tight fit coming over the top of an instrument. you can see where I made some adjustment in the spring stop. there is only a very small load on the spring when it is resting. yours may be different.

IMG_20200216_190720_zps0x9mx4xg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Steve,
I drilled another hole in the pull handle about an inch closer to the sub-panel. I also have a washer between the spring and cotter pin.

John

Back