What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jerry Esquenazi Nationals Champion!

1flyingyogi

Well Known Member
Just wanted to give a huge congrats Jerry for wining the US National Aerobatics Championship in Intermediate! Awesome job! I know he flew his Extra and not the RV8, but still, he's an RV driver so it's ok to post this? (If not, admin please remove). Just in case you can't view the iac website b/c you're not a member, here's a screen shot of the results. www.iac.org

US-Nats-Results.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Big congratulations to you Jerry! That's a great accomplishment. Can we get the link to the video?

Big congratulations to you Jerry! That's a great accomplishment. Can we get the link to the video?

Known @ 2:55:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y6X1dXXwsw&t=3145s

Free @ 4:04:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwp0UFCZvJk

Unknown @ 1:37:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGmW0bzLBM

Unfortunately there was a technical glitch on the Free video. It got appended to the end and was clipped also. I had to take a break on the Unknown for positioning. The winds in the box were howling at 40 knots! It was mainly out of the south along the x axis, but it had more of westerly component than I expected.

I ended up 1st on the Known and the Free and 3rd on the Unknown. I got 1st place overall out of 9 exceptional pilots.

We had 85 competitors in total. It was a long week, but it was a tremendous blast! We have great camaraderie and friendship amongst the Intermediate pilots.

Thank you for the shout out guys! I started down this road back in 2016 with help of Ron Schreck, Bill McLean, and many others.

Now, it’s time to move up to Advanced and experience a whole new set of challenges.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Congratulations Jerry

Way to go!
I’m sure all the RV8 time prepared you well for those flights.
Nice Job,
Curt

Huge congrats Jerry!

Thank you Scott. I look forward to seeing you some more on the competition circuit. BTW, look for a David Smith. He also flies an Extra 300S. He came to me during Nationals and asked, "Hey Jerry. What headset is that you're wearing?" He should be contacting you or ordering soon.

another star petrformance

Before Jerry bought his Extra, he and others showed that RVs could be very competitive in aerobatic contests. He still has his RV-8. We’re all pulling for him to continue to do well when he moves up to Advanced. :D
Bill
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Before Jerry bought his Extra, he and others showed that RVs could be very competitive in aerobatic contests. He still has his RV-8. We’re all pulling for him to continue to do well when he moves up to Advanced. :D
Bill
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Thank you Bill! I'm sure others lead the way, but you and Ron showed me how much fun one can have in an RV in competition aerobatics and be competitive. The RV can easily handle Primary and Sportsman seems to be the sweet spot. It is Intermediate capable, but can be a little hard on the airplane.

We had one RV-14 (of Flight Chops fame) compete at Nationals with a respectable finish. I think it was only his second contest.

Jump in, the water's fine! I promise you'll have a blast competing in your RV!

Yup, still have my RV-8, always will. My son is enjoying it now.

Way to go!

I met Jerry in 2016 when he flew all the way from Atlanta to Texas to cheer me on when I was competing in the IAC Nationals. We have been flying buddies ever since.
Not only is Jerry a great aerobatic competitor but an icon in the field of competition aerobatics. I could not be more proud if he were my own son. Well done, Jerry.

PS: I taught him everything he knows about flying. :)

I met Jerry in 2016 when he flew all the way from Atlanta to Texas to cheer me on when I was competing in the IAC Nationals. We have been flying buddies ever since.
Not only is Jerry a great aerobatic competitor but an icon in the field of competition aerobatics. I could not be more proud if he were my own son. Well done, Jerry.

PS: I taught him everything he knows about flying. :)

Thank you very very much Ron! Ron certainly taught me quite a bit about competition aerobatics. Every competitor should be so lucky to have a mentor as good as Ron! He has been caring and tremendously supportive. He has been like an aerobatics father figure to me! I really appreciate the help over the years. His enthusiasm for the sport is unmatched and contagious!

If you think you might have an interest in competition aerobatics, please feel free to send ma a PM. I would be happy to help. It’s some of the most fun you’ll have with your RV.

Back