What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I got hosed today

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
AS Flightlines strikes again. I needed sender hoses, called Tom, and all he said was I got you covered. He knows his stuff and the products are outstanding.

Actually Tom said more than that and we shot the breeze for a while. What a great source of info he has in his noggin.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpeg
    IMG_1593.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 155
None better than Tom. I replaced all of my hoses on my 7 with his integral fire-sleeved. Even replaced my oil return lines too. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Tom will always have my business if I need anything else. His customer support is incredible.

Respectfully
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

None better than Tom. I replaced all of my hoses on my 7 with his integral fire-sleeved. Even replaced my oil return lines too. Not cheap but worth every penny.
Just finished rebuilding mine with all-new hose. Total cost $105 to do every firewall-forward hose (total 6 hoses).

Do they sell them in kits, or do I need to measure all of the hoses? This is on the list for my next CI.

Tom's site has order forms that show you how to measure and order each hose and what it will cost before you actually order anything. Pretty much every engine is unique in one way or another, so a "one size fits all" approach really won't work for our RVs.

As the others have said, AS Flightlines is a top-notch supplier.

Hi 71459---yes inquiring minds want to know, apples to apples, grapefruits to grapefruits.
Tom
If you already have hoses, the fittings are completely reusable - just disassemble, clean, and use them again. All you need is new bulk hose. You also don't need to purchase mandrels - you can make your own from scrap steel. Finally, find a hose supplier with reasonable or zero shipping cost and sales tax (BTW this is definitely NOT A/C Spruce!).

Make your own stuff, learn something new, and spend less money. That's what homebuilt airplanes are supposed to be. Or, that's what they used to be anyway..

If you already have hoses, the fittings are completely reusable - just disassemble, clean, and use them again. All you need is new bulk hose. You also don't need to purchase mandrels - you can make your own from scrap steel. Finally, find a hose supplier with reasonable or zero shipping cost and sales tax (BTW this is definitely NOT A/C Spruce!).

Make your own stuff, learn something new, and spend less money. That's what homebuilt airplanes are supposed to be. Or, that's what they used to be anyway.
"If you already have hoses, the fittings are completely reusable-just disassemble, clean, and use them again."

It DOES depend on the type of hoses you have. Yes 701 style rubber lined hose have reusable fittings, YES 303 rubber lined hose have reusable fittings. Teflon on the other hand are MOSTLY crimped collar versions, Aeroquip, has both crimp and reusables, Stratoflex doesnt make a reusable hose end for 124 hose, Smiths Titeflex doesnt use reusables either. Aeroquip's reusalbes are great, getting the replacement OE Olives from Aeroquip can be difficult at times. We use crimped stainless Mil Spec hose ends because they are less expensive to manufacture than reusables. Hose ends like these Stratoflex versions have a threaded collar that is CRIMPED onto the stem, andif you try to 'reuse' it you will destroy the collar. Aeroquip uses a crimp collar also of a different style, but again to 'reuse' the hose end you have to destroy the collar.

Tom

Attachments

• Stratoflex hose ends.jpg
    Stratoflex hose ends.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 44
  • AEROQUIP 666 HOSE END SPECS.png
    AEROQUIP 666 HOSE END SPECS.png
    1 MB · Views: 40
Back