What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How long is the nipple on a CH 48110-1 / AA48110-2 oil filter?

noahhl

Anyone happen to know how long the 3/4-16 nipple on a Champion CH 48110-1 or Tempest AA48110-2 oil filter is? I can find overall dimensions of the oil filter can, but I cannot for the life of me find the length of the nipple itself.

Trying to figure out if I have enough clearance to get the oil filter off if I use a flat plate instead of a recess on the firewall. I don't want to actually take the oil filter off since the engine is still full of preservative oil.

I'll order another filter so I can measure, but figured it was worth a shot in case someone happened to know that dimension (or how little clearance you can get away with and still get the oil filter on/off).

Thanks!
Noah

Allow 5/8" for a Tempest nipple. I had to go measure it.

I used to be able to tell by just rolling one between my fingers.....:D

...I might be able to get away with a totally flat plate and it would be just a little bit easier to insulate the firewall and attach penetrations.

True enough.

FWIW, I blew several because I'm nesting them in a current project, with 0.060" insulation sandwiched between.

Attachments

• Double Wall Recess.jpg
    Double Wall Recess.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 45
Back