What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Holes in baffles - air seal material

Drum

Hi - Planning to buy a 1/8 punch to cut holes in air seal material unless there’s a better way.

I used one of those rotary multi position punches for the McFarland slippery side baffle material. Works awesome.

Oh crud this question has a real easy answer
I use a leather punch with the rotating punch barrel. If you are replacing baffle material, Just mark through the existing hole.( I use an ink pen) the line up the punch and job done. Rivet in place.
Easy peasy
My luck varies Fixit

I use a leather punch with the rotating punch barrel. If you are replacing baffle material, Just mark through the existing hole.( I use an ink pen) the line up the punch and job done. Rivet in place.
Easy peasy
My luck varies Fixit
Yup, leather punch. Makes perfect holes and you'd think it just came out of a 60 ton press.

Easy peasy
My luck varies Fixit
I do the same.
Using the hand squeeze leather punch allows you to punch holes progressively while the seal is clecoed in place.
Marking and punching holes as you go allows for curving the seal as needed to get it to curl and/or lay over the way you want it to.

I do the same.
Using the hand squeeze leather punch allows you to punch holes progressively while the seal is clecoed in place.
Marking and punching holes as you go allows for curving the seal as needed to get it to curl and/or lay over the way you want it to.
Thanks for replies.

Back