What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell CS Prop Storage

CharlesC

Hi, all,
I received my beautiful Hartzell CS propeller a couple of months ago as part of the package deal Van's offers with an engine purchase commitment.
Needless to say, I have no idea when the engine will actually get here.
The propeller is in its original box, what should I do about storing it until the engine gets here?
Thanks to all!

In El Paso it should stay plenty dry. Just don't put it the attic. Original box and packing should protect it well. I wouldn't worry too much about orientation, just put it somewhere where it won't fall or something fall on it.

Last edited:
Mine sat in the living room for six months. There are storage guidelines in the manual that are very confusing. There is a two year limit on storage before the lubricant has to be replaced and that requires disassembly of the prop.
https://hartzellprop.com/MANUALS/202A-V07-0000-A.pdf

Attachments

• 63997327235__A7FD46D0-E5F7-4F38-BD2D-8DA7E61B0032.jpg
    63997327235__A7FD46D0-E5F7-4F38-BD2D-8DA7E61B0032.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Thank You

Thank you, Bryan and Mike!
I have it in its original packing and sitting on some HF furniture dollies to keep it off the concrete in the garage. It usually is really dry here in the southwest and that helps keep most corrosion at bay. The only real problem we have around here is the sun! It will degrade almost anything left outside unprotected.
Best regards.

Back