What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grand Rapids Rocks

Jconard

Well Known Member
Hello All,

This weekend I got a chance to see the Grand rapids system powered up during the test of a panel at Steinair.

IT ROCKS.

The components are so much nicer and higher quality than they appear in the pictures on the website. The screen is bright, crisp and easy to read. The functionality is just outstanding.

This was followed by a long chat with theguys at Steinair. These are truly world class guys. They are world class. Excellent service, a willingness to answer endless questions. No sales B.S. Also since both are A&P's and one is still active in the High Tech sector, they really know their stuff.

We hear so many complaints, I just wanted to pass on a positive note about one of the coolest vendors in the biz.

GRT question

If I have my panel mount GPS connected to my EZ pilot, can it also be connected to the GRT EFIS? Or can you only interface the GPS with one or the other? thanks, jack

I saw a display of the Grand Rapids set up at a local airshow. All I can say is I'm sold. I am 99.9% sure my RV-7 when finished will have a full Grand Rapids glass cockpit. I e-mailed GR reciently asking about future product enhancements. This is the reply I got

"We will have 3D terrain by the end of this year. We will be adding VFR terrain features over time. There will not be any new features until next year. We are updating the website and we will give a list of planned features on the new website. We have not written the check list software, we will this year.

Regards,"

Back