What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNX375

JDBoston

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a wiring diagram they would be willing to share for how they integrated their GNX375 into their G3X system? I am planning mine now, and for sure it is just a combination of just the 650 and the 345 transponder but would love to take a look at what someone else did. Even a spreadsheet would work if that is what you ended up doing for connections.
PM is fine if you don't want to share it publicly.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram they would be willing to share for how they integrated their GNX375 into their G3X system? I am planning mine now, and for sure it is just a combination of just the 650 and the 345 transponder but would love to take a look at what someone else did. Even a spreadsheet would work if that is what you ended up doing for connections.
PM is fine if you don't want to share it publicly.
Figure 24-2.17 in the Garmin G3x Install Manual REV AU has a placeholder diagram. But it's fairly accurate if you have a similar install. I haven't done a 375, but did wire a 330ES and 650 in my plane, so I'm pretty familiar and happy to help...just PM me.

i used the diagrams from the G3X and GNX375 install manuals. It is all in there and works as advertised.

i used the diagrams from the G3X and GNX375 install manuals. It is all in there and works as advertised.
The 375 install manuals are only available from your avionics distributor after purchase. Garmin sounded upset when I emailed them and asked for a copy.

375 install manuals are only available from your avionics distributor after purchase
Different experience here, asked politely providing my tail number and the S/N of the 375, and they sent me the latest manual.

Jeff, my G3X configuration is a bit non-standard since I have dual G5s only, with a G3X serving primarily as engine monitor, linked to my GNX375.

Attachments

• Interconnects.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 20
I used GAE 12 encoder in place of config module.
Just email garmin with tail # and/or S/N. The local VAF garmin rep is of great help.

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpeg
    IMG_6879.jpeg
    649.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The 375 install manuals are only available from your avionics distributor after purchase. Garmin sounded upset when I emailed them and asked for a copy.
Garmin aren’t perfect - But when it comes to access to best in class documentation they are pretty close.
Everything the OP needs is freely and easily available without emailing or calling anyone.

1712134463007.jpeg

Thanks everyone, as usual I failed to provide all the info. I’m aware (and have) the docs including the gnx install manual (Garmin actually gave me no trouble at all).

I’m endlessly confusing myself with what rs232 to assign to what, and even though it’s straightforward I’m getting frustrated and looking to copy :)))

Thanks all I most likely have what I need from all the generous posters.

Thanks everyone, as usual I failed to provide all the info. I’m aware (and have) the docs including the gnx install manual (Garmin actually gave me no trouble at all).

I’m endlessly confusing myself with what rs232 to assign to what, and even though it’s straightforward I’m getting frustrated and looking to copy :)))

Thanks all I most likely have what I need from all the generous posters.
OK be very careful. i had to rewire mine to accommodate the ELT. make sure you have the proper output for the ELT, it only has two , i believe that can be used.

I have the ELT that needs gps info from the navigator. This takes only NEMA or aviation protocol data stream. The ELT comes programed with one or the other from it's manufacturer. Turns out the output I needed was only available from channels 1 and 2, if I remember correctly, but I had those wired to the G3X. So I had to lay on my back and swap pins. This is what I recall, could be a little foggy.

Last edited:
Everything the OP needs is freely and easily available without emailing or calling anyone

All the 175 355 375 manuals are free online at garmin

well thought the install manwell was there but its not.. anyone know where its at online?

Last edited:
All the 175 355 375 manuals are free online at garmin

well thought the install manwell was there but its not.. anyone know where its at online?
The installation doc is not available on-line, you need to ask Gramin for it. As it is a certified unit, its not part of the experimental docs. I guess they think only an A&P needs it. They will provide it free of charge. They emailed me a copy when I explained I was interfacing it to the experimental version of the G3X. I would attach the copy I have, but it's best to ask them, and get the latest version.

I suspect most people are not going to wait until they get the actual hardware to do the design work, so getting the install manual from the distributor at time of purchase is not really the best option.

Back