What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gdu460 to gnx375

yes, you do.
see figure 27-2.17 in the G3X install manual.

I believe it is because the 375 does not have a CANbus interface, but I don't recall exactly.

They will work together (kind of) without the GAD 29 but you will forego a lot of the functions that you bought the G3X for. The 2" navigators do not have a CAN interface which is the backbone of the whole G3X system. The GAD 29 provides that interface.

There are several interfaces, some of which use the ARINC/CANbus link (via GAD29) and some which are wired direct on RS232 links. If they are not all present then some functionality will be lost. GAD 29 provides Airdata to the Txpdr side of the GNX (to support ADSB) and sends nav data to the GDU.

GNX 375 Interconnect

Do you need a GAD 29 to connect a gnx375 to the G3x system? I see is need for a gtn, but unsure about the GNX.

As stated above, the GNX 375 lacks a CAN transceiver. For that reason, a GAD 29 is required to interface these units with the G3X Touch system. The ARINC 429 I/O from the GNX 375 is connected directly to the GAD 29, which serves as a relay of that data to and from the CAN bus. You can find a detailed interconnect for the GNX 375 and G3X Touch on page 24-37 of the G3X Touch Installation Manual (Rev. AT). Please let us know if you have any other questions that come up along the way.

Thanks,

Justin

Back