What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR 200 - No Display

Inhot

Well Known Member
Patron
Fired up my RV6 today. Once Avionics power was turned on my GTR 200 screen illuminated, but no led info - basically a blank screen. The radio transmits and recieves fine. I can change the freq by counting the clicks. This is my second GTR 200. With my first GTR 200 the volume slowly decreased to 0 and never came back (volume knob was unresponsive). I got the current radio after turning in the first (out of waranty) and then paying $400. for a "reconditioned" GTR 200. Not real pleased with their reliability.

Strange. Mine was pretty much one of the first batch made, and it's still running strong... I'm pretty happy with their reliability.

Quick update - I spoke with Garmin customer service. I'm sending the unit in for repair. Repairs for the GTR200 is a flat fee of $175.00.
Curious point - the customer service lady had the same issue reported for a GTR200 on her previous phone call!

Same issue

I purchased a GTR200B, brand new out of the box it had the same fault. Garmin replaced it with a reconditioned unit - that’s not what I paid for, but by that stage I just wanted to get back in the air.

Later I purchased a GNX375 that came out of the box with crush damage caused by incorrect packaging.

My experience of Garmin quality control has not been very good.

Back