What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Line source

3003-0 will work, and you can bend it by hand if feeding it through the spar support brackets, but I used 5052-0 exclusively. It's much stronger, comes in straight sections (you don't have to unroll it like 3003-0) and it forms a much better flare. From Aircraft Spruce.

3003-0 will work, and you can bend it by hand if feeding it through the spar support brackets, but I used 5052-0 exclusively. It's much stronger, comes in straight sections (you don't have to unroll it like 3003-0) and it forms a much better flare. From Aircraft Spruce.
All true Terry - but something to consider these days is the price of shipping - anything longer than three feet and the price goes up astronomically! I needed some 4130 tubing for pushrods last week - a three foot length shipped for less than $20. Go to four feet and the price for shipping tripled - and way outweighed the cost of the material. So yeah, 5052-0 is good stuff, but 3003-0 is more than adequate….and you can straighten it with a wooden block homemade tool….

I can see why the OP is asking about an alternative source for the 3003-O aluminum tubing other than from VAN's:

Aircraft Spruce $0.86 per foot, 20 feet $17.20
Speedway (per post #1) $1.15 per foot, 20 feet $22.99
Van's $3.15 per foot, sold in a 21 foot roll for $66.15

I can see why the OP is asking about an alternative source for the 3003-O aluminum tubing other than from VAN's:

Aircraft Spruce $0.86 per foot, 20 feet $17.20
Speedway (per post #1) $1.15 per foot, 20 feet $22.99
Van's $3.15 per foot, sold in a 21 foot roll for $66.15
The Vans price is probably the New price basically saying they now don't want to be bothered with the trivial stuff. But if you insist, they will do it for a price.

If you have a local car racing parts store like Summit Racing, they may have 3003-O aluminum tubing in stock at a reasonable price without paying shipping.

Thanks everyone. I'll try local sources and if necessary will source from Aircraft Spruce (I have a big order i need to make from them anyway).

Grainger is a place you could check, prices a little higher, but shipping to a local store is free.

Back