What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FS: New Thunderbolt IO-390 exp & FF Kit, available immediately

cjs

Patron
sold

Attachments

• 390.jpg
    390.jpg
    832 KB · Views: 148
  • 390-1.jpg
    390-1.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 390-2.jpg
    390-2.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 160
  • 390-3.jpg
    390-3.jpg
    566.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Available for immediate Pick-Up form SynergyAir in Eugene, OR:

Brand new.
Planned to use these in my latest RV14 build. As you may have seen, I am now the test bed for the DeltaHawk engine, so I wont be needing the Lycoming.
Engine and FF kit were purchased thru Van's
Received it on 6/9/21
Model: YIO-390-EXP119 Thunderbolt
Color: RED
Ignition: Engine has one PMAG installed at Lycoming.
Standard Compression (8.9:1)

See Van's Site for the details on the FForward Kit - this one is specifically for the Lycoming EXP engine.

Have a partial crate for the engine - we removed engine from crate and had it partially installed on the engine mount to fit some of the components (baffling, etc). Can be re-crated for shipment after inspection by buyer. Would prefer buyer inspect the engine in person prior to shipment, but this could be done via face-time or zoom.

Current Pricing from Van's on this engine is: $70,612.00 (https://www.vansaircraft.com/order-a-kit/lycoming-thunderbolt-engines-order-form/). However, that is with 2 P-Mags (they don't offer the option of only receiving one any more). Additional P-Mag will cost about $2200, don't now what the cost of installing a traditional magneto would be. You have the option of going either way with this set-up.

Lycoming is estimating a 3-5year wait if ordered today.

The FF Kit pricing from Van's is: $11,590 (https://store.vansaircraft.com/rv-14-firewall-fwd-exp119-rv-14-firewall-fwd-exp119.html)

Selling both FF kit and engine together - not interested in separating them.

Will take first good offer.

Hi Craig!

I’m building with Synergy South and am interested In this engine, but could use a few more details. I’ll PM you my phone number.

Thanks,
Josh Scott

Back