What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

first taxi/ tail cam test

odens_14

Well Known Member
Monday night I did my first engine start, and just had to take it for a spin and test out the tail cam. Everything worked just fine that night.

Now, I have a problem with the file my RCA lyra pocket DVR creates. the file is an avi, and although there is no audio, (I have it hardwired to the intercom, which was turned off) i can hear the audio track (pops i assume from the starter) but there is no video. I'm trying to use windows media/ movie maker. Just to throw another kink in, I uploaded the file to youtube and can see the video on that, so the video is there microsoft just cant see it.

Can anyone recomend a free video editor that I can try to see if it will recognize this format?

Also, heres the link for the video first taxi (and first hot start with a FI engine, a little tricky for me) As I said theres no audio, and I cant edit in a song, so you'll have to play your own music :p

Hi Chris,

Sorry I dont know of any "free video editor" software, I do use VLC to view almost any format of video and its free. I find windows media player not so good with most new formats.

Back