What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight!

Stoo

Well Known Member
Finally happened after a 20+ year build, my RV-6 took to the sky yesterday evening. No major issues, flies straight, I'm ecstatic!
Stewart Willoughby, 6 in phase 1

Attachments

• 7394.jpeg
    7394.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 320
Finally happened after a 20+ year build, my RV-6 took to the sky yesterday evening. No major issues, flies straight, I'm ecstatic!

Congrats, Stewart! When people come on here with 20+ year builds to say that they flew their airplane for the first time, I think it's so great. Talk about a lesson in patience and perseverance.

Stoooooo,
Dooooode, that is such fantastic news! Congratulations, good Sir. Now the real fun begins.

Well done. Well done. WELL DONE!! :cool::)

What a great thing to read!

Sure am happy for you sir. Many congratulations on the huge accomplishment that this is.

I was joking a few days ago after I fabricated an air shroud for an engine cylinder that took me 4 hours, something an RV builder would do in 1 hour, that at my pace it would take me 15 years to build an RV.

It was really a joke because I couldn't build an RV if I wanted to. I'm relegated to owning used RVs due to not having skills to build, so I congratulate you !!!

RV Smile!

Now THAT is a perfect example of the 'RV Grin'!

Next: progressing through Phase 1 which should elicit more RV Grinning!

Nice looking airplane! Advancing through the Space-Time continuum ;)

Congrats! Even with a jet background the RV is a very exciting takeoff, I can’t imagine was was going thru your thoughts! Savor the moment.

Congratulations and may your magic carpet take you to magic places for many years to come :)

Back