What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA Chapter (Near) Athens, GA

MajorSTI

Admins--if this needs to go to the Southeast Forum let me know.
Does anyone here belong to the EAA chapter in Athens, GA Chapter 780? I've emailed several times trying to find out more about the chapter w/o answer. There is no website associated with it unfortunately. I know I can probably just show up on the 2nd Saturday of the month (per EAA website), but I'd like to touch base with someone first to feel out how many RV builders/flyers are apart of the chapter.
Now I'm headed out to the shop to work on the elevators for my -8

Thanks!

Last edited:
EAA Chapter 690

Chris,

EAA Chapter 690 is located just down the road from you in Lawrenceville. We are a vibrant and active chapter with over 200 members. We occupy two huge hangars with meeting areas, a tool crib and and a construction/education shop where students work on several projects.

We have an active social calendar. We throw a pancake breakfast and a Young Eagles soirée every month. Please come to our Spaghetti Supper on April 22 as my guest. I would love to meet another 8 builder. I am working on an 8A.

It is a little bit of a commute down GA 316 to join us, but several other members drive longer.

Feel free to call. 404-310-5128

Steve Ashby

Admins--if this needs to go to the Southeast Forum let me know.
Does anyone here belong to the EAA chapter in Athens, GA Chapter 780? I've emailed several times trying to find out more about the chapter w/o answer. There is no website associated with it unfortunately. I know I can probably just show up on the 2nd Saturday of the month (per EAA website), but I'd like to touch base with someone first to feel out how many RV builders/flyers are apart of the chapter.
Now I'm headed out to the shop to work on the elevators for my -8

Thanks!

Did you ever connect with Chapter 780? I'm a member there (also 690) and there are four of us building RV's right now.

Back