What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Drain on pito tube

riobison

Well Known Member
Trying to track down a leak on my pito tube. Is there not normally a drain in the pito tube some where to allow moisture out?

My pito tube is the Vans non heated 1/4" od tube and there certainly isn't anything obvious from what I can see.

Thanks
Tim
RV 9A

Dynon & Garmin pitot tubes have a drain hole on the bottom side.
If you have the single 1/4” tube from Vans, there should be no drain hole.
You’ll have to progressively test each section of the line till you find the culprit leak. Don’t forget to also check the ASI for internal or face leaks.
Good luck

Dynon & Garmin pitot tubes have a drain hole on the bottom side.
If you have the single 1/4” tube from Vans, there should be no drain hole.
You’ll have to progressively test each section of the line till you find the culprit leak. Don’t forget to also check the ASI for internal or face leaks.
Good luck
Well found the leak on the lines to the Dynon from the Falcon. Checked the static lines as well. Redid the 1 line and took the stress off the plastic fittings.

Also took the Falcon apart and re -set it or re calibrated it as it was reading 15 kts high. No leaks and the Falcon and the Dynon are bang on under 100 kts and only a couple of kts spread at 160 kts. Perfect. And my mode C is within 10 feet.

And yes, the single 1/4 line didn't have one. That's why I couldnt find it.

Back