What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cranford Aviation Supply / Crow Harnesses

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
I recently purchased a new set of Crow cam style harnesses for my RV-9A from Dan at Cranford Aviation Supply. (dmat on the forum). He has the best pricing and has a 10% off Oshkosh special going on right now.. I could not be more pleased with my experience in my purchase. Excellent communication, superior pricing, and super fast shipping. Thank you Dan!

Crow also has a booth at Osh this year.

They have come a long way in this market. I think I was part of the original group that gave them a shot in our RV’s.

Mine held up great and are still going strong with the new owners of the plane!

I think I was one of the first guys to put Crow’s in an RV when I built my RV-8 twenty years ago, and it was so great to finally meet Matt at the show! We talked about the history of the company, and the fact that they buy all their hardware from the exact same supplier as Hooker, so you know its good quality (not to mention that their harnesses are built to meet racing standards, which are much stricter than aviation standards, which are ancient).

The recently moved from LA to Las Vegas, and I hope to get down there to visit and do a story on them! (And maybe come home with new harnesses for Mikey……)

Paul

I think I was one of the first guys to put Crow’s in an RV when I built my RV-8 twenty years ago, and it was so great to finally meet Matt at the show! We talked about the history of the company, and the fact that they buy all their hardware from the exact same supplier as Hooker, so you know its good quality (not to mention that their harnesses are built to meet racing standards, which are much stricter than aviation standards, which are ancient).

The recently moved from LA to Las Vegas, and I hope to get down there to visit and do a story on them! (And maybe come home with new harnesses for Mikey)……)

Paul

As written, it sounds like a quid pro que........:D:D;)

A simple google search revealed nothing in my part of the world, which is why I asked. But thank you to those who replied without being patronising.

In your original post you failed to say you did a google search and nowhere in your profile is your 'part of the world' mentioned. Sometimes I'm sorry I bother. This is one of them.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I’m just trying to help where I can in the experimental market. The hope is to be able to help our community keep building and keep flying. It pains me to see the costs of things sky rocket. I will continue to add items with new vendors and if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to PM me.

All the best,
Dan

And Paul, I can’t agree with you more. Matt is awesome!

Dan

The recently moved from LA to Las Vegas, and I hope to get down there to visit and do a story on them! (And maybe come home with new harnesses for Mikey……)

Paul

As we got a little bit off topic, I just wanted to let everyone know the OSH discount/sale is still ongoing till Wed (8/2/23).

Thanks,
D

Thanks for posting this. Just off the phone with Dan ordering a full set for the new RV-10 project.

Carl

I'm with Carl: thanks for posting this!

I ordered a set for the RV-14A - not only are the harnesses beautifully assembled, but came with the OSH23 discount.
Rare in my life to get such quality, so quickly, in such a friendly manner.

Thanks!

Shout Out

Shout out to Dan on my Crow's. Hopefully the pic posts, if not I'll try again. But I'd highly recommend dealing with dan. Top notch.

ae21f5bc-c903-4dff-8dc6-df9e1ca584bb

Crow_Black.jpg

Crow_Black.jpg

Last edited:
I'll jump in to add my kudos to Dan and his new retail adventure in selling Crow Harnesses. My RV-3 is approaching its 25th birthday so I decided it'd be a good time to update the old Hooker Harness. There's nothing wrong with the Hookers, but they're old and faded a bit.

I ordered the RV-3 Crow Harness off of Dan's website and discovered that the shoulder belts were slightly too short for my particular RV-3. I would imagine that RV-3s are somewhat inconsistent in shoulder harness mounting, so this isn't a knock on Dan or Crow. The great part is that Dan immediately offered to have new shoulder belts fabricated and shipped to me at no additional charge. Honestly, I had them within a matter of about 1-1/2 business days. MUCH appreciated.

I installed them today and I think they look great! Thanks again to Dan for his excellent customer service. I wish him the best of luck as he continues to add products and expand his business.
CrowHarness.jpeg

Anti-Submarine

How does the anti submarine strap adjust on length? Hard to tell from the pics.

I need to replace some older Hooker’s with sticking latches (older airline lift style). The crows will be a nice upgrade. Only wish I knew about Dan’s sale earlier. Oh well always next airshow.

I will add to this thread after having a great experience ordering through Dan. Fast and efficient, he answered all of my questions, offered suggestions, and a fair price. Delivery was very quick. Thanks!

I also had a great experience with Dan Matlosz at Cranford. Contacted him while he was still at Airventure. Emailed him a couple questions and expected to hear back after OSH. Pleasantly surprised to hear back that afternoon even though he was busy with the show.

I ordered what I needed, hit send, and immediately thought of another thing. Ordered again on his website https://cranford-aviation-supply.myshopify.com,
and then emailed him to see if he could combine them. Once again, he was on it and had me fixed up.

Finally after my condition inspection got all the new harnesses installed.. They are great, easy to install, the price was right and they just work.

Besides that, they look good.

Thanks Dan for the great service and great product.Crowe 2s.jpg

All,

Thanks for all the support! And I love the install pics, please keep them coming.

And if anyone needs a new battery or a prop, let me know... :)

Just received my belts from Dan here in the UK. Couldn’t recommend him (or the belts) enough.

Thanks Dan, keep up the good work!

Rob

Back