What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Constant tension band hose clamp for the intake tube

riobison

Well Known Member
Is any one using Constant tension band hose clamp for the intake tube?

Im using them on my oil return lines from my rocker boxes and in 3 yrs not a drop and zero maintenance.

Any reason why we wouldn't want to use them on the intake tubes?

Thanks

Tim

Is any one using Constant tension band hose clamp for the intake tube?

Im using them on my oil return lines from my rocker boxes and in 3 yrs not a drop and zero maintenance.

Any reason why we wouldn't want to use them on the intake tubes?

Thanks

Tim

Can you tell me what size clamps you used on the rocker box oil return lines and maybe provide a link if possible.

Thanks.

Can you tell me what size clamps you used on the rocker box oil return lines and maybe provide a link if possible.

Thanks.

I just took the hose to the local NAPA store, they got me the correct size clamps-----possibly for a fuel injection setup IIRC.

Same as others above, I installed the SDS intake kit for my IO-540. Excellent product, highly recommend.

Grainger for constant tension clamp (P/N CTB-19ST FK) on 6000-6 tubing for oil return lines. At 270 hour I had leaks from the Lycoming new parts which this instantly corrected.

Last edited:
Last edited:
16 or 17 mm wouldn't fit on my hose. You will need to confirm the specs on the hose and the clamps to ensure a proper fit.

Mine from Belmetric fit perfect.

16 or 17 mm wouldn't fit on my hose. You will need to confirm the specs on the hose and the clamps to ensure a proper fit.

Mine from Belmetric fit perfect.

The 16mm clamp is specifically to fit the Gates power steering return hose.

Which hose did you end up using?

The link to the clamps in that post was outdated and I just edited it. You'll want to get 16mm clamps instead of the 17mm ones the old URL went to.

Are these little clamps really $10 each? The Amazon link listed them for right at $10. I thought it was probably for a box of at least ten, but that price appears to be for each one. They must have an FAA certified sticker on them somewhere. 😬

Are these little clamps really $10 each? The Amazon link listed them for right at $10. I thought it was probably for a box of at least ten, but that price appears to be for each one. ...

The description indicates "10Pcs"

Attachments

• R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 47
Back