What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaveland lightweight air hose...

YME

Well Known Member
On the advise of other contributors, I bought the 10' lightweight 1/4" hose from Cleveland Tools. It comes with a smaller type disconnect. I haven't called Cleveland about it but was wondering it those that have purchased it have any insight into what size it is. Here is a photo of it next to a normal size

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 78
On the advise of other contributors, I bought the 10' lightweight 1/4" hose from Cleveland Tools. It comes with a smaller type disconnect. I haven't called Cleveland about it but was wondering it those that have purchased it have any insight into what size it is. Here is a photo of it next to a normal size

That appears to be Rectus fittings. I love them. You don't have to pull back the connector collar to connect and they seal VERY well.

The negative side is that the smaller size limits the amount of air passage. For most of our usage, this is minor, but when you hook up your 3/4" drive impact tool to change lawn mower blades, it ain't gonna work well.

Thanks Mel. I am going to research that. I just wanted to have a couple extra to put on the few air tools I have.

Well worth it!

I have used the light weight hose and fittings for over ten years. That combination is the bomb! Moving around, manipulating tools and changing tools is much better than using the old school bulky hose and fittings. I would never go back.

I have used the light weight hose and fittings for over ten years. That combination is the bomb! Moving around, manipulating tools and changing tools is much better than using the old school bulky hose and fittings. I would never go back.

Steve,

Do you use a swivel fitting also.

Swivel fitting

I don’t use a swivel fitting because the hose is so light and nimble that it is easy to manipulate a drill or squeezer without one.

I use these fittings on all my air tools and I love them. In conjunction with a lightweight hose, my pneumatic tools are as easy to handle as a corded drill - or even easier since the tools are generally smaller. As Mel said, they're not great for really high-flow applications (not a problem for my shop). I use an air swivel on my rivet gun and squeezer, but I haven't found it necessary for any of my other tools.

Definitely I would suggest purchasing from Cleaveland Tool if you have the opportunity. For builders located in countries where the shipping would be prohibitive, I believe these are Rectus 21 series fittings.

I use these fittings on all my air tools and I love them. In conjunction with a lightweight hose, my pneumatic tools are as easy to handle as a corded drill - or even easier since the tools are generally smaller. As Mel said, they're not great for really high-flow applications (not a problem for my shop). I use an air swivel on my rivet gun and squeezer, but I haven't found it necessary for any of my other tools.

Definitely I would suggest purchasing from Cleaveland Tool if you have the opportunity. For builders located in countries where the shipping would be prohibitive, I believe these are Rectus 21 series fittings.

Matt,

Any brand name swivel or can I pick up at HD orHF. Thoughts

I looked extensively for these some years ago. Couldn't find anyone here in Australia that sold them. Yes, shipping from Cleveland was ridiculously expensive.

The Rectus 21 fittings are great, particularly when using 1/4" hose, I have them on all my air tools except for spray guns (insufficient flow).
There are several compatible connectors PCL Mini (what I use as they are easily available locally), Rectus 90, Camozzi 5000, Ewo, Kani, Norgren 233, Legris 21, Cejin 50 & Schrader mini

Last edited:
The problem with European-made systems like Rectus/Camozzi is that they are offering only (at least in Europe) BSPT/BSPP (R1/4 / G1/4) threads and most of the air tools from the US are with NPT inlet threads. The fitting simply doesn't thread in properly. It could be that Cleaveland buys the plugs customized by the special order.

The same problem refers to all pneumatic fitting sold in Europe. It is nearly impossible to source the DN 7.2 (the most common European type) male plug with NPT 1/4-18 thread.

Back