What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaning Hangar after RV-10 Build (AeroLed lights, McFarlane Baffle Seals, etc)

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Time to clean out the hangar after finishing my RV-10. Below are several items that I didn't end up using for my build. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Jason

1) RV-10 Leading Edge Landing/Taxi Lights.

LL Lens Kit RV-10 - $73.50
LL LED Kit A - $378 x 2 = $756

I purchased these with the intent to install them in the leading edge of both wings, but decided to install the AeroLeds that go in the wingtips (which look great, but were a pain to install).
These parts have not been touched, other than to test the LED lights with a 12V power supply.... they were brite!

Current Price from Vans : $829.50
Your price: $650 and includes shipping in the US.

2) Cee Bailey RV-10 Wing Tip Lenses
The Cee Bailey wing tip lenses come trimmed close to final size, and would not fit the extended wing tip cutouts I installed for the AeroLed wing tip lights.
These parts are still in the protective plastic. I'm not sure, but these may also fit the RV-14 Wingtips I believe they use the same wingtip.

Current Price from Cee Bailey: $132.25
Your price: $100 and includes shipping in the US.

3) McFarlane CowlSaver Baffle Seals (3" x 156") and Rivets
I researched baffle seals and these looked to be a better solution than the standard baffle seals. However, before I started installing them, I decided to shift gears and install a plenum instead.
I have not cut off/ removed any baffle seal material. This should be enough material to complete the baffles for a RV-10.

Current Price from McFarlane: $253
Your price: $175 and includes shipping in the US

4) Lord Adhesive Applicator Gun
I was planning on using Lord Adhesive to mount the windows, but changed to Silpruf.
Gun has never been used.

Current Price: $68
Your Price: $50 and includes shipping in the US

20240322_203459.jpg

20240322_203443.jpg

20240322_203425.jpg

Back