What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CI Signoff Question

BobRv4

Well Known Member
So I've gotten several different options on this. Do you need to have the annual Condition Inspection signoff in just the airframe log? Or does the signoff need to be in the engine and propeller logs also?

Technically speaking it just needs to be in the “Aircraft records”…whatever those might be. The official sign-off has to be somewhere, and the most logical place is the airframe log, because that goes with the airframe no matter how many different engines or props it has in its lifetime.

I make an entry in the engine and prop logs with the work done during the inspection, and usually say “as part of the aircraft condition inspection”….but this isn’t required.

Paul

At least part of the reason for Paul's explanation is because the required statement starts with “I certify that this Aircraft has been inspected on…….”
Aircraft is all inclusive.
So one entry covers all of the traditionally separated major parts.

I do the same as Paul.
I have become way more detailed on my records as I have to teach this for certified planes to students as a CFI.
Overall CI goes in my airframe log. I also make entries in my engine and prop log books with any specifics to that part. Examples include changing the oil goes in the engine log. Or any SB’s or AD’s go in their respective logbooks. I also have a master list of all the AD’s and SB’s that are needed and when they were complied with. But this is just a reference to help me find the actual signatures in the log book for a given AD.

I keep all logbooks, SB’s/AD’s and any required documentation in a soft binder like Case-it type. Added some clear pockets with zippers to this binder to hold the individual log books and closed out log books.

Back