What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Charlottesville area -9A CFI needed

VaNewbie

Almost closed on a -9A and will need a -9A specific CFI for transition training. We can use my plane when it arrives or your plane.

Andy M

Dan, Bill , thank you both for your offers. I'm going to hope for something closer but will reach out if not.

Andy M

Andy,
I live in Goldsboro. Built and fly my RV-9A. ATP, CFII etc. X military. Happy to help.
Bill
Bill.
The plane has just finished pre buy and working on agreement with repairs. I have May 6-10 off to do the transition training if you're available. I'm thinking of having my plane ferried to your field to use it for training. I have little to no glass panel experience (AFS 5600) so would like to gain some familiarity during training.

Andy

I have little to no glass panel experience (AFS 5600) so would like to gain some familiarity during training.

Andy
Read the AFS 5600 manual from cover to cover first; then expect several hours training while on the ground. There's little reason to burn gas for this (but have a battery charger (or better, an external power supply) ready to use).

Andy - come to 7w4 sometime and check out my 9. We can sit in the hangar and go through the afs screens and if the winds ever die down get some flight time in my 9a. Ed

Andy - come to 7w4 sometime and check out my 9. We can sit in the hangar and go through the afs screens and if the winds ever die down get some flight time in my 9a. Ed
And you still need to visit us at W96! We’re going to have an RV-9A TRIANGLE!

There is a CFI (maybe CFII) with a RV-14 at KFCI. I'm going to talk with him when my RV-7A is ready to fly, hopefully next year. The 14 is just a big version of the 9. Let me know if you want to follow up.

There is a CFI (maybe CFII) with a RV-14 at KFCI. I'm going to talk with him when my RV-7A is ready to fly, hopefully next year. The 14 is just a big version of the 9. Let me know if you want to follow up.
Definitely interested in a local CFI for transition training. Can you forward me his contact information?

Andy M

Back