What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

center section

Danflyboyman

Patron
the F-704c-L,704C-R,704D-R,704D-L get riveted to the center section with 470 rivets. The heads of these rivets are on the outside of the Center section? The bucked side is on the inside? is this correct? the AFT Center section Bulkhead Assembly rear view drawing says, AN 470 all AFT Bulkhead to Aft side rivets,I don`t what the this means!!!!

the F-704c-L,704C-R,704D-R,704D-L get riveted to the center section with 470 rivets. The heads of these rivets are on the outside of the Center section? The bucked side is on the inside? is this correct? the AFT Center section Bulkhead Assembly rear view drawing says, AN 470 all AFT Bulkhead to Aft side rivets,I don`t what the this means!!!!

I believe that in this note "Aft Bulkhead" refers to the F-704B and "Aft side" refers to the F-704D[L/R] parts. So this note applies only to the rivets that go through only those two parts. The orientation of the rivets is at your discretion. Most of the bulkheads I've seen (mine included) have the factory heads on the F-704Ds (outside as you say).

Back