What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Capacitive fuel senders

CaptPausert

Anyone got recommendations for what brand/model of capacitive fuel senders to use for my RV-9A? I just got my wing kits yesterday and thought I should start getting any extras on order.

The company Princeton that did the capacitive converters I used in my setup got bought by someone called RED Avionics. Their devices are identical as far as I can tell, except the sticker. I have one of each in my -7A.

Capacitive senders

Or you can make them. Vans version is just two plates each side insulated with delrin spacers and wired together to a BNC. The OP drawing has all you need

Make Your Own

Anyone got recommendations for what brand/model of capacitive fuel senders to use for my RV-9A? I just got my wing kits yesterday and thought I should start getting any extras on order.

Best to make your own senders. You can buy the converter modules or even make them yourself, if your handy with electronics. Refer to the thread linked below for more info.

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=12748&highlight=Capacitance+senders

Charlie

Back