What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can I Borrow Your Stall Warning Vane (VA-196)???

Antonitis

Anyone have a Stall Warning Vane (VA-196) they can lend me? Mine is defective and it's backordered at Vans. This part is used in the following kits: RV-10, RV-12, RV-12iS, RV-14, RV-14A, RV-7, RV-7A, RV-8, RV-8A, RV-9, RV-9A

Attachments

• IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 55
You could have mine except it’s mounted in the wing, and a major pain to get out. My advice: leave it out, and install an AOA instead. Only issues are (1) it needs electricity to run, it needs a special pitot tube with an extra port,and (2) it needs in-flight calibration, so an emergency return on your first flight would be without a stall warning device. Alternatively, if you have an older GRT EFIS, it can calculate angle of attack. Not quite fast enough for rapid maneuvers, but very useable for normal approach to landings.

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies.

Bob, the -12 has both a classic stall warning vane and a AOA. To register the plane as E-LSA I need to follow the KAI to the letter. Otherwise, I might consider omitting the stall warning.

I did fine someone to send me the vane from the Vans Builders FB group. Thanks for your generosity.

Jason

Back