What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blue is not White

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
Tiny heads up. I have been ordering some Adel clamps to arrange things forward of the firewall. I've been using the white WH series clamps. Recently a batch of them showed up from ACS and they were BLUE. I didn't really pay attention, thinking the composition of the clamp had changed. I was wrong.

Somehow ACS has got "WCJ" series Adel Clamps (which are blue) in bags which are marked as the "WH" series clamps. I spent a bit of time on the phone with ACS yesterday and they are as surprised as I was. They did a great job, and I have the proper ones on route to me now as they investigate how it happened.

Anyway, if you want White and you get Blue, they are not the same thing. White is for high temperatures, but is not resistant to petroleum fluids. Blue is high temperature and is also resistant to petroleum fluids.

I would think one would want the blue ones firewall forward seeing as as they are petroleum resistant. I know my Lycoming leaks a bit of oil, so that would be helpful.

Unless they ask for them back that seems like a late Christmas present from Spruce. The WCJ adels are impervious to pretty much anything except Skydrol and are about 4 times more expensive than the high temp white ones, which in turn are about 4 times as expensive as the plain old black ones...

except Skydrol

for which you will use the purple colored Adels.
Skydrol only being a brand for the pretty aggressive high pressure hydraulic fluid, of which there must be a few installed in Claycookiemonster's American Airlines: 727, MD80, 757, 767, 737...

Back