What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blue Crabs?

AndyRV7

Well Known Member
Anyone know of a good place I could get some blue crabs near an airport? I am in Northern NJ but I think I could make Delaware on a good day.

Thanks. Andy

That actually looks like a nice trip to add to my list. I'll need to land at the other airport though for now (renter). Thanks.

W41

Try Christfield, Md. W41 crab capital of the world or Tanger Island, Va. just west of W41.

Last edited:
This one looks great too. Thanks. I have Ocean City on my list, so maybe I'll just go a little further.

They don't serve Blue Crabs in the traditional, beat them with a hammer and try not to eat the guts on a brown-paper covered table, style but Hemingways, withing walking distance of Bay Bridge Airport with a fantastic view of the Bay Bridge itself and the western sunsets over the bay, have the best Crab Cakes I've ever had. Period. Was a favorite place to fly for dinner when I lived up that way. Trust me you can't go wrong.

If you don't eat the "guts" you're not a true blue crab fancier.......

I find that when I'm having crabs, with each pitcher of beer I'm a little less particular about what parts of the crab I eat.

I'll second Chrisfield. There is also a great restaurant at Cambridge airport. I don't know if they serve steamed crabs but they have a number of crab dishes which are delicious and very reasonably priced.

There is also a restaurant /residential grass strip airport on the South end of Kent Island. The name escapes me, check the sectional, but the restaurant serves steamed crabs.

Back