What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer ALIR calibration

rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all!

I've installed the Beringer ALIR regulator on my -10, and Beringer's instructions for adjusting its pressure limit is essentially "lower the limit until the wheels no longer lock with maximum braking". I see two issues with this method:
- every time the wheels lock, I will be wearing the tires and creating bald spots, so I'd possibly be going through many tires just to adjust this :p
- there's no good way to see if the tires are locking, from the cockpit, even if I had a copilot observer while I land

How have others adjusted their regulators? (and if you remember, what was your final adjustment value? Could serve as an informed starting point for others)

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: if you'd like to discuss whether the ALIR is worth it, I'm happy to discuss on a separate thread :) really looking just for advice on how to adjust it here.

ALIR adjusting

I waited to adjust mine and picked a rainy day. I figured that’s what the anti locks were most needed. It only took a few times down the runway to adjust them. My phase 1 runway was 5,000 ft so plenty of room.

Back