What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bahamas & Nassau TCA Question

andyrv

Well Known Member
Procedure question for flying out of FXE to Stella Maris (overfly Nassau). If using flight following out of the US at 7500' does ATC hand you off to the Nassau TCA which goes up to 12,000' or do you have to terminate and then contact Nassau?

Thanks,
Andy

I’m planning a trip to the Bahamas and wanted to get clarification regarding the Nassau TCA. The photo below is from ForeFlight’s depiction of the TCA, which is a huge chunk of airspace. I understand that a flight plan is required to transition the TCA, but I’m not sure if this requirement includes the entire green area or just the 30 mile ring around MYNN? I’ll be filing IFR to and from Ft. Pierce and Stella Maris, so I’ll be on a flight plan for those flights. However, I may want to fly up to Rock Sound, Governor’s Harbour, and North Eleuthera during our stay and would prefer not to file for a multi-stop site seeing flight.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_5200.jpeg

Here is a good AOPA article on flying in the Bahamas.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.eapisfile.com/Docs/International/Bahamas/AOPA%20Bahamas%20Flying%20Guide.pdf

No flight plan required unless flying into or out of Nassau and Freeport.

I have flown from MYEM to MYEH and back without issue.
The Governor's runway was so rough when we landed I thought I had a flat tire. Nice big runway, just a rough finish.
North Eleuthera can get busy.

Back