What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft specialty brake install ?????

JeremyL

Well Known Member
So I’m working on installing my cabin brake hose kit in a 7A and I’m becoming quite frustrated. They are well made, but came with zero instructions, nor can I find them on the website, I’m probably going to have to drill new holes for the grommets they sent which will create edge distance issues….. anyway…. Does anyone have pictures of how they routed the hoses and which end goes where. Maybe I’m just having one of those nights where seeing is worth a thousand words but it’s getting to me.

Thanks in advance

Call Tom At AS Flightlines. He is a wealth of info and usually has pictures of installs And will walk you thru the install.

Call Tom At AS Flightlines. He is a wealth of info and usually has pictures of installs And will walk you thru the install.
Jeremy, the brake hoses follow the plans, on page 36. Nothing special about the install. You can use one of the larger lightening holes on the F6118 to route the hoses if you wish. Not sure if the new F6118 have the lightening holes or whether they are still builder optional--mine weren't there---Easy fix.
Tom

As Tom mentioned...the lines follow the stock Vans installation except AN fittings are utilized in place of plastic compression fittings. There should have been a thank you slip inside the box with an email address for any questions, so please feel free to reach out if you have anything specific you would like to ask about them.

Here are a few pictures for you to help. If you're using a PB valve, that info is shown here too.

Please reach out via email with any questions to [email protected] or [email protected]

This is also a great opportunity to mention that we are changing a lot of our existing installation manuals and moving toward a video format. When we redid our web ordering and simplified our kits some old installation manuals went away, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Click this link
to see the type of install video we are working on. We are partnering with builders who also have fantastic video skills. We are offering discounts that range in value depending on the kit for anyone creating an install video that we can use to help other builders with their installations. Any products on our website that do not currently have install guides are eligible for this program.

Please reach out to [email protected] if you are interested in working with us on these.

Happy Building,
Steve

Attachments

• Installed Hoses.jpg
    Installed Hoses.jpg
    943.2 KB · Views: 48
  • RV7 black teflon pedal hoses.jpg
    RV7 black teflon pedal hoses.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 51
Jeremy, the brake hoses follow the plans, on page 36. Nothing special about the install. You can use one of the larger lightening holes on the F6118 to route the hoses if you wish. Not sure if the new F6118 have the lightening holes or whether they are still builder optional--mine weren't there---Easy fix.
Tom
As Tom mentioned...the lines follow the stock Vans installation except AN fittings are utilized in place of plastic compression fittings. There should have been a thank you slip inside the box with an email address for any questions, so please feel free to reach out if you have anything specific you would like to ask about them.

Here are a few pictures for you to help. If you're using a PB valve, that info is shown here too.

Please reach out via email with any questions to [email protected] or [email protected]

This is also a great opportunity to mention that we are changing a lot of our existing installation manuals and moving toward a video format. When we redid our web ordering and simplified our kits some old installation manuals went away, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Click this link
to see the type of install video we are working on. We are partnering with builders who also have fantastic video skills. We are offering discounts that range in value depending on the kit for anyone creating an install video that we can use to help other builders with their installations. Any products on our website that do not currently have install guides are eligible for this program.

Please reach out to [email protected] if you are interested in working with us on these.

Happy Building,
Steve
This!! This is exactly why I chose to go with you guys. Well, one of the top reasons. This was very helpful, so thank you. One of my slight issues was I have the upgraded rudder pedals which places the brake cylinders on the back side, so the hoses were a bit more tightly curved. Cutting some slits in the existing snap bushings made it possible to shove the hoses through them.

Thank you both very much for posting these responses, I sincerely appreciate it! I was definitely having one of those days where nothing was going right, so I just needed to put down the tools, grab some bourbon and regroup. I can send a video or pictures of the install if you want it.

Thanks again!

This!! This is exactly why I chose to go with you guys. Well, one of the top reasons. This was very helpful, so thank you. One of my slight issues was I have the upgraded rudder pedals which places the brake cylinders on the back side, so the hoses were a bit more tightly curved. Cutting some slits in the existing snap bushings made it possible to shove the hoses through them.

Thank you both very much for posting these responses, I sincerely appreciate it! I was definitely having one of those days where nothing was going right, so I just needed to put down the tools, grab some bourbon and regroup. I can send a video or pictures of the install if you want it.

Thanks again!
OH---you have Control Approach pedals. OK----minor changes due to the masters beiing on the forward side of the pedal bars, but similar to the plans. Check your email for more pics.
Tom

Back